Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Story Of Us

I figure that if there's anyone reading this that doesn't know much about Nate and I...here's some background :


Nate and I met in the beginning of October 2010.  The first time we met was through the Hogi Yogi drive thru. One of my best friends (Becky) had a boyfriend (Asher) who was Nate's best friend.  So Nate hung out with Asher, who hung out with Becky, who hung out with me.  It's not as complicated as it sounds haha.  Anyways, Becky and Asher would come and visit me while I was at work at Hogi Yogi, and eventually Nate started coming with them.  I recognized his face from Junior High, but I had never talked to him before.  I really hadn't thought much of him because I'd had a couple of relationships before that and they weren't anything special...long story short...i really didn't want another relationship until I at least started college.  I was seventeen.  I didn't believe that couples in high-school could really share something that wasn't a waste of time.  However, Nate seemed like a genuinely good guy, so I decided it would be fine if I flirted with him whenever he came to visit me at work.  Little did I know that my whole life was going to change, a lot, because of this boy.  Then Halloween came.  I went trick-or-treating with Becky, Asher, Nate, and Sarah.  I ended up flirting with Nate a lot more than I meant to because I was really hyper that night.  After trick-or-treating, we all went back to Nate's house to watch a movie.  Of course I sat next to Nate, and all I could think about the whole time was how I wished he would put his arm around me.  That was the night I began to actually like-like Nate.  Conveniently, he got his first cell phone right after that, and we began texting...lots.  He always said the sweetest things to me, and he started visiting me at work without  Becky and Asher.  It was only a couple of  weeks before we both knew that we were very interested in each other.  I don't know how many people know this, but I actually purposefully got a failing grade in my A-4 class so that I could go to study hall during the period that Nate had study hall.  Then at the end of the term I tried to bring my grade back up fast.


November 18th, 2010 was a very memorable day, and night.  Nate's brother had gotten married that day and I helped to set up the reception.  After the reception, we went to the Cinemark by University Mall because our friends were there waiting in line for the Harry Potter midnight premiere, even though it was cold and snowing.  We didn't see the movie, we just wanted to talk to our friends.  On the way back to the car, before he opened my door, he gave me a big long hug, said some cheesy-cutesy stuff, and asked me if I would be his girlfriend.  I was so excited, and said yes of course.  We then went to a few places that presented perfect opportunities for a kiss, like the roof of rocky mountain elementary school, but no matter how obvious it was that I wanted Nate to kiss me, he wouldn't do it.  A little before midnight, we were at Northridge Park standing on the playground bridge.  It was freezing, so he put his arms around me and we stood there for awhile just talking.  Finally I decided that if he didn't have the guts to kiss me, then I would just kiss him.  After all, we were in the perfect setting.  So I did, and it was absolutely perfect.  Then he took me home cause we had to make curfew, and I layed in my bed just thinking about how happy I was.  And that night was the beginning of the rest of our lives :)


Ever since then we have been inseparable.  We always had a blast whenever we were together.  We were together a lot because we went to high school together everyday, plus he lives literally one minute away from me.  And what I liked the most was that I could completely be myself around him.  His personality clicked perfectly with mine.  My friends tell me that he is like the boy version of me haha.  No situation was ever awkward or embarrassing with him.  My feelings for him grew a lot faster than I had expected they would, and within two months, I found myself falling in love with him.  I wanted to tell him so badly, but I didn't know if I should wait until he said it first.  On February 5th, 2011, we sat in his car for about two hours just talking about life.  I couldn't hold it in anymore and while we were sitting there at Northridge Park, I told him for the first time that I loved him.  He got teary-eyed and told me so sweetly that he loved me too and that he had wanted to say it to me for awhile.  It was the cutest thing ever.  He continued to amaze me and I couldn't deny what I felt for him.  It was a billion times stronger than I had ever felt with anyone else before.  A couple of weeks after that, we both knew that we were going to spend our lives together.  It was a crazy feeling knowing that, but at the same time it was the best feeling in the world.  Nate has treated me like a queen from day 1 and has never let me down.  I can't imagine being with anybody else and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have found "the one" at the age of seventeen.  Him and I have been together for 19 months now.  We never spent more than two days apart, except for when he was in Mexico for a week and when I was in New York for a week.  We've been through a lot together and we've had our fights and disagreements, but I love him more than I thought was possible.  He means the world to me.  This is probably the cheesiest story you guys will ever read...haha...but I don't care.  I'm a sucker for romance anyways.


So that is the shortened version of how Nate and I became what we are.  Obviously there is a lot more for me to say because of the topic of his mission, but I will post all about that next time :)


Here's some of our pictures :
our very first picture together
one of our first dates
our first new year's :)
preference 2011
high school graduation
summer 2011
halloween 2011
our 1-year anniversary
utah lake - january 2012
valentine's day 2012

2 comments: